Sunday, August 16, 2009

Drawing Off The Page

I don't have mad drawing skills, but I have done a few drawing projects and have a keen appreciation for all types of drawings, particularly abstracts. As a result, I feel the development of my eye is influenced as much by drawing and sculpture as it is by photography. I see the world around me in terms of tones, textures and lines, and try to use a "drawing sense" in composing with my lens. Line placement and composition in a drawing is usually the result of deliberate choices the artist makes. One might view the lines and shapes in the landscape as random or accidental, but lines like the ones in this rock are just as deliberate. The result of a culmination of circumstances and forces, these lines are placed deliberately and composing the image brings them into the realm of drawing.

No comments: