Monday, August 10, 2009

Narrative


I have a deep, abiding love for the coast where I live. History is written in the rocks here, reaching from millenia ago to the present day. Ancient history etched in the rock surface, present history attached, everything integrated into a continuous whole, like a multimedia art piece. I really see a connection between a subject like this, and the potential to transform it into a drawing, painting, etching. It's possible to find a hundred photos to take within a radius of 20 feet on some of the beaches here. Which is something I find comforting - no matter what kind of funk I find myself in, a quick trip to the beach will give me several hours of engagement with a rich, wonderful narrative.

1 comment:

jonboy said...

I can echo this sentiment! I like the idea for your blog, keep pushing!

Jon (jonbrown13)