Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Daily Practice 300/365

Title: "The Golden Light of Fall"
(click on image to view larger)
  
I was at a gallery opening a couple of weeks ago and during conversation, someone said to me how much they loved the fall. That simple statement cemented an instant rapport between us, because fall is definitely my favourite season. I love the sweet/saltiness of fall - the warm days and cooler nights, the cycling between brilliant blue skies and storm clouds, and the transition of colours as fall progresses. Today I realized that the quality of light is something as an artist I appreciate about fall. Even at mid-day, the filtered light has a golden glow to it. The diffuse light on overcast days can really draw out the colours of the leaves against a dark, stormy sky. There just seems to be endless magic in the air on fall days.

No comments: