Monday, April 19, 2010

Daily Practice 109/365

Title: "Huddling"
(click to view larger)
  
I was walking through a construction zone between buildings on my way into the office, when a chance glance to the side brought these fungi into view. They were huddled against the side of a building, massing upon each other as if gaining protection in numbers. It hasn't been particularly damp recently, so their appearance was a little unexpected. Having the commitment to a daily practice, with that compulsion to make at least one image a day, caused me to stop and make a composition with my phone camera. Without this commitment to a daily practice, I might have not noticed them to begin with, and if I had I would most certainly have moved on without taking the effort to make a picture.

No comments: