Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Daily Practice 271/365

Title: "YYJ, 11:04 am"
(click image to view larger)
 
I made a few images today that reflect my growing interest in the immediate landscape - the space we currently occupy and spend much of our time in. It's important to use our eyes to find things of interest, little delights that give momentary visual pleasure, larger vistas that provide that sense of perspective and define our relationship to where we live. I love spending time in the forest and along the shore making images, but the vast majority of my time is spent in the city, at home and at work. Today I'm traveling on business, and while waiting to depart I found myself intrigued by lines and reflections. I love the way the lines of this airport building draw our eye to the horizon, the feature of the landscape that defines, and fails to define, our destination.

No comments: