Monday, January 25, 2010

Daily Practice 25/365


Title: "Sky as Saviour/Wild West"

I had anticipated I would have days when I was either stumped for ideas, or did not feel like doing my daily practice. I was feeling under the weather today, had to go into work for a few hours in the afternoon for meetings, and felt wiped out as I was heading home. I just wanted to get home and take a nap, but what about the daily practice? As I was driving, I started to notice the sky, with the clouds high above the setting sun. I convinced myself to stop at the waterfront, and attempt a few images. I felt as though the sky had saved me from abandoning my daily routine, and this image in particular reminded me of a vintage western movie, shot when colour film was relatively new. One of those amazing skies above the range, just as sunset approaches. I can feel the horse beneath me, my bones pleasantly weary after a day in the saddle, both of us satisfied with another day's work well done.

No comments: