Sunday, August 8, 2010

Daily Practice 220/365

Title: "Exhibit 79.103 from Dr. Hammer's Museum of Curiosities"
(click image to view larger)
   
As I engaged in the photographing of the curiosities, I often found myself puzzled by the objects. Hammer had made no systematic attempt to date or attribute them, preferring to accept the mystery of not knowing what the objects were, who had made them or why. But my highly organized mind found this frustrating, and I often pressed him for more details. Take this object, I would say - do the spirals represent sun beams, or the flames of a fire, or was the civilization advanced enough to associate helical structures with life? Hammer would always smile enigmatically and artfully deflect my questions by drawing my attention to an even more outrageously bizarre object in the collection.

No comments: