Sunday, August 22, 2010

Daily Practice 234/365

Title: "Genesis of the Devil's Cauldron"
(click image to view larger)
  
Today I spent a little time following the coast, setting up my 4X5 field camera and using the particular rhythm of using it to slow down a little. Back in the spring I made a couple of images of the coast using infrared film, using it to darken the sea and bring out the brightness of the clouds. I followed up on those experiments today, and have a couple of satisfying images of coast/water/sky. But I also took this image of the rocks and kelp below, completely experimental since rocks do not reflect much infrared light, so it was not at all clear if an image would result. I like the way the infrared has shifted the reality to something quite mythical and mysterious.

No comments: