Monday, February 1, 2010

Daily Practice 32/365

 
Title: "Rain, parking lot, semi-circular motion"

There are days that just seem to defeat you. You get up, drag off to work, get stuck in and before you know it, it's dark and raining. I had one of those days today. After dinner, there was a need to get groceries for lunch and dinner the next day and although I'd given some thought to working in the studio with a still life or sculptural subject, domestic needs were paramount. After packing the groceries in the car, I had a sudden inspiration as I put the cart away. I believe that because of the commitment to make images each day, it's becoming easier to overcome the activation barrier at any given moment and take advantage of an unexpected idea. A willingness to experiment and perhaps fail is also important.

No comments: