Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Daily Practice 62/365

 
Title: "She's all man!"
(click to view larger)

A treasured find at a garage sale for the local art school, along with a gorgeous blue bowl. An artifact from the days when such things were made well, not just made for the sake of raking in fast money. I'm keeping it for the day when I decide to go fully "eccentric", when I'll use it to carry a mid-lecture snack to my classroom, or perhaps hard candies to hand out to students brave enough to answer a question in class. I can already imagine the reactions, how quickly the appearance of Wonder Woman in a serious academic classroom will spark a new legend. It's a reminder of the lost playfulness of childhood, of the time before self-consciousness overcame pure joy. A talisman against a hardening of the soul.

No comments: