Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Daily Practice 89/365

Title: "Looking out at a different reality"
(click to view larger)
  
This is a glamorous location - the skylight in the washroom at work. I looked up and thought of the hours I spend indoors. The weather can change from hour to hour, but there are days when I've been hunkered in my windowless office and have no idea the weather has cycled from rain to wind to bright sunshine. Today the view made me think that I experience one reality working in my office, while an entirely different reality takes place beyond the confines of my existence.

There's a nice irony to this image. Photographers often talk about "framing" their composition, and of things being in or out of the frame. So using the window as a framing device is a reference back to the very process I used to create this image.

No comments: