Saturday, March 13, 2010

Daily Practice 72/365

Title: "The intersection of parallel lines"
(click to view larger)

I didn't feel terrific when I woke up this morning, but the sun was shining and I wanted to get out for a walk in a favourite woods and see what the image possibilities were. On the way I decided to stop at the stables where I used to ride (and hope to return someday soon) and watched a beautiful young mare being ridden. A well schooled, mature horse is a fusion of power and grace under saddle; it's truly incredible to see talent being crafted from the raw enthusiasm of a young horse.

In the forest I was drawn to the power and grace of the old giant cedars, their trunks etched with the lines of their long, storied lives. The weather was beginning to close in, the light playing magically across the textures of the trees. In some places the trees stand close together, seeming to gather strength and comfort from each other.

No comments: